Aasif Mandvi interviews Fox Business commentator, Todd Wilemon.
Strength is being able to crush a tomato.
Dexterity is being able to dodge a tomato.
Constitution is being able to eat a bad tomato.
Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad.
Charisma is being able to sell a tomato based fruit salad.
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
happy international womens day!!!!! some ladies dancin’!!!!
nope…waaay too many privileged, over represented White guys will ~*only*~ become concerned & offended when another privileged White guy says it’s time, bc it directly impacts them
translation of what they’re saying: all you marginalized and/or oppressed people need to stfu & quit ‘bitching’ about all those things that almost NEVER happen to privileged White men as a group”
Glad I stopped following Wil a long ass time ago
“I didn’t expect it would be all women and it was a small classroom and about 40 women were sort of sitting in a semicircle and the thought of spending two hours every week sitting there for the next four months was overwhelming.”
Male expects special accommodation because he doesn’t want to be around women, and then sues for discrimination. Amazing.
homeboy never heard of dropping??
So…he was stuck into the same situation that many women in STEM fields are stuck in but it’s different because it scared his little man feelings?
An actual shy person wouldn’t go to court over this. All that exposure and scrutiny? No thanks.
No, because see, he’s love shy which is a chronic inability to deal with women because they might not want to date you.
He went to a women’s studies class expecting men
HE WENT TO A WOMEN’S STUDIES CLASS EXPECTING MEN
I have -1920% sympathy for this douche.
lol attendance and participation were only 15% of the grade. it would have been possible to pass without ever attending if his work wasn’t shit.
He wasn’t stuck in the same situation as women in STEM fields (as said above) because this was only ONE single class. Women in STEM fields experience being outnumbered and ostracized for their entire academic career. NOT ONE PUNY LITTLE SEMESTER LONG CLASS.
I hope the judge laughs him out of the courtroom.
#what a child #weak
this girl that sits with me was complaining..about another girl. because she likes the same band as her “but doesn’t dress like it” so obviously she doesn’t really listen to them
how do you DRESS like the music you listen to???
as an imagine dragons fan i am never seen not in a full dragon costume
real fans imagine the dragon costume
i’m a bare naked ladies fan and let me tell you